Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Carp Sign Romano

Discussion in the NPB News forum
Carp Sign Romano
The Hiroshima Toyo Carp have signed pitcher Mike Romano [Baseball Reference] to a 1 year deal worth $150,000. Romano is 0-0 with a 11.81 ERA in three major league games with the Blue Jays. [Link - Japan Ball]
Comments
Re: Carp Sign Romano
[ Author: INeedABetterName | Posted: Dec 14, 2004 3:28 PM ]

Here the Carp go again. Is this another Lundquist or Newman? I guess they are trying to save money after signing LaRocca and with having to sign Bale. Why don't they try to win and sign some solid guys? It seems that they were going the right direction with some solid foreigners last year, but lost Brock and Davey to Injuries. Just imagine what they could have done.

Somehow I don't think Romano is going to get it done. Look for Bale and LaRocca to have sophmore slumps and the Carp will stay at the bottom of the standings.

Bring back Jimmy Hurst while you're at it!
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Jan 8, 2005 2:12 AM ]

Romano was 13-5 with a 3.42 ERA in AAA Richmond last year.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Jan 29, 2005 3:34 AM ]

LaRocca won't slump. He is great. Are you always negative about the Carp?
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.