Well, it's been a while. Life has kept me hectically busy, but every once in a while I get the urge to express myself creatively by way of printed word again, so I've decided to attempt to begin again.
The change this time around is that what I post will probably be less straight translation of news events, and more commentary and writing writing. I hope I turn out to be good at it.
Here's what I have in mind for the next couple months:
- The influx of rookies into NPB and the true changing the guard it signifies.
- Tomohiro Anraku and the cautionary tales of Koshiens passed.
- How Nippon Ham persuaded Shohei Ohtani to remain in Japan and whether it will work or not.
- How to become a consumer of Japanese baseball without speaking a word of Japanese.
- The pending internationalization of NPB.
- The Major League futures of Masahiro Tanaka and Yoshio Itoi.
- More Yakyu Nihongo lessons.
- Finally follow up on this post from 2009.
- Some reflection on my baseball "expertise".
- Some reflection on my experience writing and developing a following.
- (Baseball) stuff I find on various 2ch/matome sites, which I have become fascinated by.
- How not to suck at programming. Or, at least, sucking less at programming.
We'll see how it goes.