Back on to current events... here's today's collection from around the ‘net.
- Yu Darvish made his first start since returning from the Olympics, throwing 96 pitches over eight innings of one-hit ball.
- Kazumi Saito has completed the US stint of his rehab and has returned to Japan to finish up. I wonder if we'll see him in a game this season...
- Updates on Hanshin's three foreign-born relief pitchers: Jeff Williams was dropped to the farm team for rest after two bad outings; Chris Resop is also on the farm team getting a look as a starter, but meanwhile Scott Atchison has been holding down the fort with 10 consecutive scoreless outings.
- Chunichi Dragons owner Junnosuke Shirai has suggested that rather than rely on Senichi Hoshino for next year's WBC team, Japan goes with the manager of this year's NPB champion.
- Deanna posted a great interivew with Rakuten slugger Fernando Seguignol. For anyone who hasn't seen Deanna's site, I highly recommend it - she gets some excellent interviews.
- Koji Uehara returned to Yomiuri's starting rotation last week and picked up a win.
- The Softbank Source reports on last weekend's Hawks-Marines series, where all three games ended in ties. This the first time in NPB history that's happened.