Pro Yakyu links on an NPB off-day.
- Simon at jhockey has done a little number crunching on Japan's top hitters and pitchers.
- Deanna posted pics from her May 12th visit to a Nippon Ham minor league game.
- Yomiuri Giants 1st baseman Lee Seung-Yeop will represent Korea in Beijing Olympics.
- Victor Starffin's oldest daughter Natasha made an appearance at a Yomiuri Giants fan get-together, and will throw the ceremonial first pitch at the Giants' July 15 game against Chunichi. Starffin is one of the fascinating characters in Japanese baseball history. Here's his Wikipedia page; I have quite a bit more material on him in Japanese and I'll him to my to-do list.
- Colby Lewis put up his 11th win for the Carp. The former Ranger and Athletic leads the Central League in wins, innings, strikeouts and is 5th in ERA.
- Following up on yesterday's post, Yasuhiko Yabuta pitched two scoreless innings for Omaha but didn't figure in the decsion. Kazuo Fukumori gave up one run on two hits in one inning pitched for Oklahoma. Fukumori has actually put up the better numbers of the two in AAA.