Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Power Outage

Discussion in the Administrative forum
Power Outage
Seems there was a power outage at the site that this server is running yesterday (June 3, JST). As that was the middle of the night in the U.S. mid-west, where I think this machine is physically, it took quite a while before an administrator noticed that something was wrong (i.e. the machine didn't start up after power was restored). While I can administer this site an ocean away, the one thing I can't do is push the power button, and am at the on-site administrator's mercey.

Nonetheless, sorry for the inconvienence.

P.S. Is there an energy crisis in the U.S.? I've had circuts blow at home, but can't recall a single (unscheduled) blackout here in Japan for at least seven years. Meanwhile, this is the fourth blackout at the physical site of this computer within the past year. Odd.
Comments
Re: Power Outage
[ Author: Guest: Jim Albright | Posted: Jun 4, 2003 11:16 PM ]

California has had a problem with energy because of regulations (environmental and otherwise) and its expanding population. Since you said mid-west, though, I'd suspect that the weather pattern this year, which has spawned some severe weather (ice in winter, then thunderstorms and tornadoes this spring) are the biggest candidates.

Jim Albright
[ Author: Kiyoshi | Posted: Jun 6, 2003 2:34 AM | HAN Fan ]

Yes- Midwestesten U.S. and Canada is being hit with thunderstorms from Manitoba to Louisiana.

Meanwhile, I'm sitting in 86F sunshine with a slight breeze in the Seattle area.
[ Author: Guest: Jim Albright | Posted: Jun 7, 2003 10:24 AM ]

Meanwhile, here on the East Coast (Philly area), while we haven't gotten large amounts of rain, we seem to have gotten a little each day in May and early June -- kind of like Seattle should be. Our weather should be more like what you're getting, though not quite that warm. Ain't weather funny?
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.