Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Amateur Baseball Forum Catagory

Discussion in the Administrative forum
Amateur Baseball Forum Catagory
Westbay-san,

I know you have mentioned playing on an amateur team here in Japan and I'm guessing others that attend this forum probably do as well. I am an American living in Tokyo for the last 2 1/2 years and am currently playing on two teams and forming a third.

What I would like to request is a new forum added for amateur teams here in Japan to be listed with contact information so some of us could have a chance to meet each other and play the game we all love.

I hope you will consider this request, after all it does have to do with Japanese baseball, at least as much or more so than Video Games.
Comments
Re: Amateur Baseball Forum Catagory
[ Author: Yakyuujin | Posted: May 10, 2005 8:51 PM | YG Fan ]

I second Dodgers/Mariners/Lions/Giants's request. I also live in the Tokyo area and would be very interested in playing some baseball.
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: May 11, 2005 8:11 AM | YBS Fan ]

The motion has been proposed and seconded, and I like the idea, too, so the Play Ball! forum is born. This is just for Japan, but if there is interest, I'll create a "Play Ball Korea!" and "Play Ball Taiwan!" forum as well.

I'll write up a little about guidelines later (very busy with work right now). Basically, information about teams you play for, where the team is based (Tokyo, Osaka, Okinawa, etc.), contact information, and if you like, results of tournaments you play in.

If you want to have a more focused team site, where you can post photos and such, you might also want to consider having a representative Wiki page. I'll discuss that further later.
[ Author: Dodgers/Mariners/Lions/Giants | Posted: May 11, 2005 2:58 PM | SL Fan ]

THANK YOU Westbay-san,

I have started the new forum with a little information on my Tokyo based teams.

I did notice the new forum isn't listed to the left in the quick click menu yet.

I'm looking forward to meeting some of you soon on the diamond. PLAY BALL!!!

LASIX/SLACKERS/HAMMERS
a.k.a. DODGERS/MARINERS/LIONS/GIANTS
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.