Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Rangers win rights to negotiate with Darvish

Discussion in the MLB News forum
Rangers win rights to negotiate with Darvish
On 2011-12-20 The Asahi Shimbun wrote:
The Texas Rangers have won the exclusive negotiating rights for Nippon-Ham Fighters right-hander Yu Darvish, Major League Baseball announced Dec. 20.

[Full Article: http://ajw.asahi.com/article/sports/base_ball/AJ201112200027]
Comments
Re: Rangers win rights to negotiate with Darvish
[ Author: gotigersredsox | Posted: Dec 20, 2011 11:00 PM ]

Seemed like Darvish was heading to Toronto until the announcement came. I think Texas is a good fit for him. Nolan Ryan is an old school guy who isn't too fond of modern pitch counts, so he'll appreciate a workhorse like Darvish. He's not the manager, but I imagine he has a lot of influence. The Ballpark in Arlington isn't very ERA-friendly, but since Darvish won't be wearing pinstripes I'm glad I'll have the chance to support him!
Re: Rangers win rights to negotiate with Darvish
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Dec 21, 2011 7:28 PM | YBS Fan ]

Toronto seemed to have the PR department working overtime with articles leading up to the announcement. There's only been silence ever since.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.