Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

DH RULE?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
DH RULE?
Is there a DH rule in JApanese baseball?
Comments
Re: DH Rule?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Nov 29, 2001 9:37 PM | YBS Fan ]

Yes, the Pacific League uses the DH.
Re: DH RULE?
[ Author: Cub Fan | Posted: Dec 4, 2001 9:32 AM ]

I think the DH rule is terrible. The pitcher should bat for himself or herself just like the rest of the players. The American League in major league baseball has the DH. It is a terrible rule. Offensive production is too high and this is making the problem worse. I would like to know everyone's opinion on the DH, both in Japan and abroad. Thank you.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Dec 4, 2001 5:51 PM ]

The DH rule is great. I say let's keep it and I think the National League and the Central League should adopt it also. That way we'd have no more automatic outs. Sure, it kills some of the strategy that goes into managing, but I got to see players like Dave Winfield, Eddie Murray, and George Brett extend their careers in the U.S. and players like Kadota and Ochiai extend their careers here. I personally like the DH rule and would like to see it stay.
[ Author: 1908 | Posted: Dec 5, 2001 1:28 AM | HT Fan ]

I'm with Cubs Fan on this one. The DH rule is a blight on baseball. Think about it. What if half the NBA teams decided to drop the rim to 9 feet in their gyms to boost scoring? Or made the 3-point line 2 feet closer? Two different sets of rules for the same game is ridiculous. Death to the DH!
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Dec 5, 2001 11:19 PM ]

yeah, get rid of the DH rules!!!
it was created by Amercan League when their attendance lagged behind National League in the 70s. We have enough offense in baseball already.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.