Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Old JBall LCD Game

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Old JBall LCD Game

So I understand that my chances of success here are slim, but nevertheless...

Back in the late 80s I had an LCD game from Japan that was quite good and suddenly I have severe nostalgia for. It was a baseball game and rather large by the standards of most LCD games.

Shaped like a stadium and I believe in green plastic, it was probably about 7 inches (~17cm) at it's widest point. It had controls for two players roughly along the 'baselines' and I think general controls (power? sound?) at the home plate area. I remember that there were lineups along the sides with ficticious names and a couple of gaijin thrown in there for good measure. I recall that there was even the ability to have either relief pitchers or pinch hitters or maybe both as well.

I'm tempted to say that this item was made by Bandai, but it's been so long who knows. This was not a cheap LCD game--I'm guessing (though it was a gift originally) that it cost in the Y4-6000 range. The gameplay was actually quite fun and challenging, if I recall. I believe it used AA batteries. It could be played solo against the computer or against a friend.

If anybody can help me track one of these down, I would be most appreciative. If you could also respond by email, that would be super - adrian@dauntless-soft.com.

Cheers!

Adrian
Comments
Re: Old JBall LCD Game
[ Author: Guest: PeonEater | Posted: Nov 24, 2001 4:09 AM ]

Sounds like either Hero Stadium or Perfect Baseball. Don't know where you can get your hands on one though. I used to have Hero Stadium and it was quite good.

http://users2.ev1.net/~rik1138/Bandai/
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.