Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Pennant Collapses?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Pennant Collapses?
I recently got into a discussion with some friends about some classic American pennant race collapses-- the 1951 Brooklyn Dodgers, '64 Philadelphia Phillies, '78 Boston Red Sox-- and it made me wonder if there have been any comparable collapses in the Nippon league history.
Comments
Re: Pennant Collapses?
[ Author: Guest: gotigersredsox | Posted: Sep 25, 2010 2:18 AM ]

You don't have to go very far back for an historic pennant collapse. In 2008, the Tigers lost about a 15 game lead to the Giants. The eerie thing is it was 30 years after the Red Sox similar collapse to the Yankees in '78. There was at least a happy ending--the Giants lost a classic Japan Series to the Lions that year.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.