Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Pro Yakyu Podcast

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Pro Yakyu Podcast
Hey Westbaystars,

Are there any plans to bring back Pro Yakyu Live? This is my first season of NPB and I'm loving it. But I don't understand a lick of the live TV broadcasts.

I listened to a Dragons game that you recorded about two seasons ago. Considering that radio isn't exactly your profession, I found the broadcasts to be fairly fun and informing.

Could you and other JapaneseBaseball contributors consider bringing this feature back?

Thanks for all the hard work. This site is a godsend in trying to learn 'pro yakyu'.
Comments
Re: Pro Yakyu Podcast
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: May 21, 2009 9:50 AM | YBS Fan ]

Hm. This is a really tough request. Doing the games took a great deal less time than producing the weekly audio news segment. While I tended to average 1-2 people during the live game broadcasts, there were usually at least 50 downloads in the first 24 hours after the game, which was certainly encouraging.

I won't make any promises in the near term, but I will try to get a few games in this season. How does that sound?
[ Author: MattHaggard | Posted: May 21, 2009 11:01 AM | CHU Fan ]

That's all I could ask for. Above and beyond the call of duty.

Thanks a ton!
[ Author: heavesrock | Posted: May 21, 2009 12:57 PM ]

Just curious, do you broadcast the games from the stadium or elsewhere?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: May 22, 2009 12:44 AM | YBS Fan ]

While I say, "Welcome back to ◯◯ Stadium," I'm really broadcasting from my office at home. That's why there's oen music in the background - to take the place of the crowd.

I'd really like to do a broadcast from a stadium one of these days. But battery life in my old iBook G4 isn't nearly long enough. And I doubt the stadium staff would appreciate me bringing an electric generator. I do keep looking for plug outlets in all the places I go, just in case.

If anyone would like to donate a new MacBook Pro with 7 hours of battery life, I'll be glad to do some live broadcasts from the stadiums.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.