Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Guiel HR Stats?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Guiel HR Stats?
Oddly, your "Home Run" stats list d'Antona with 6 HR and don't list Guiel. But other info says the Guiel has at least 4 HR, possibly 5. Are you sure of your stats?

I'd go straight to the Yakult site to resolve the issue, but of course Google translate is screwing around with their **** popup bubbles making it impossible to navigate the translated site, and I can't read Japanese.
Comments
Re: Guiel HR Stats?
[ Author: Jbroks86 | Posted: May 6, 2009 5:51 PM | SFT Fan ]

The NPB Official Site - [In English] shows that Guiel is batting .250 with 5 HR and 15 RBI.
[ Author: driftwolf | Posted: May 8, 2009 6:35 AM ]

Oh, ta! I didn't know about the NPB English site. Thanks!
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: May 8, 2009 9:09 AM | YBS Fan ]

It looks like I was eliminating everyone not qualifying for the Batting Title (i.e. AB >= TeamGames * 3.1). That has now been fixed for home runs.

What else did I miss?
[ Author: driftwolf | Posted: May 8, 2009 12:12 PM ]

You missed RBI. Guiel sitting at 17, but doesn't appear in your stats.

New look is nice, btw.
[ Author: Guest: Marc | Posted: May 26, 2009 5:57 AM ]

Hmm, what else, you ask?

... under average in the leaders board, Guiel is currently batting .295 (according to NPB website) but isn't shown in the leaders board.
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: May 26, 2009 10:47 AM | YBS Fan ]

Argh! Another simple coding miss. This time I was calculating title qualifiers using at-bats rather than plate-appearances. I guess I need to turn in my SABR card.

Still, Yakult has played 40 games, so 124 PA are necessary to qualify. Guiel currently has just 129 PA, so he's giri-giri over as it is. He could really disappear if he misses a couple of games right now. The Giants' Lee Seung-Yeop has also appeared on the Central League hitting leaders list after a slow start.

Hmm. Rakuten's Kusano isn't appearing. This is bad, considering that he's got a whole page in Nikkan Sports dedicated to his .402 average taking the top spot in the Pacific League today. Let's see, Rakuten has played 42 games, so 42 * 3.1 = 130.2 PA are necessary to qualify. Kusano has 130! The official rule is to truncate the decimal point?!? I didn't know that. [...processing...] OK. Kusano now sits on top of the Pacific League batting race. Whew.

Thanks for catching and reporting that. Bug reports are always welcome.
[ Author: driftwolf | Posted: May 31, 2009 10:12 AM ]

If you want to keep track of who is eligible for the title, how about a little star beside those that have played enough games? That way we get to see the real top-ten, as well as those who qualify for the title?
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.