Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

2008 Stats?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
2008 Stats?
I'm having a difficult time locating some teams' 2008 stats (Seibu Lions, Dragons, etc.). I'm wondering if they are currently available (preferably in English) anywhere?
Comments
Re: 2008 Stats?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Nov 25, 2008 7:49 PM | YBS Fan ]

Sorry. I'd been so busy with other things lately that I forgot to load them all. Will do that this evening.

Also, for those of you looking for schedules, I've entered them (without starting times) and will enable their display soon.

Sorry for the delay.
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Nov 25, 2008 10:07 PM | YBS Fan ]

OK. I got the preliminary 2008 stats up. To see them on a team by team basis, go to the List of Teams page, select the "Roster" for the team you want to see, then scroll down to the team stats.

Some warnings: Since these stats are based off of TBS Team Data, players with multiple stints are not properly handled. I'll fix these in December when the yearly Record Book by Baseball Magazine Sha is released. Also, some fields (like CS) are zeroed when they should be NULLed - that is, the data was not available. Again, please wait for the release of the BBM Record Book to complete these fields.

I've been down with the flu today, so I'm not quite up to enabling the 2009 schedules yet. But when I do, the above List of Teams page will default to 2009, so you'll need to click on the year (2008) that you want to view. I know this will confuse many of you (who don't read this post). It's hard to cover the needs of both the 2009 planners and the 2008 reviewers. I'll see what I can do on this off season's renewal project.

Finally, feel free to drop in some change if you feel you get anything of value out of the site.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Dec 16, 2008 2:01 AM ]

Hi Michael - will you have 2008 fielding stats up soon?
[ Author: Guest: Brian Cartwright | Posted: Apr 16, 2009 12:04 PM ]

The CS for 2008 are still '0'. Do you have an estimated time when these would be entered? Thanks.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.