Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Tickets for Tourists?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Tickets for Tourists?
Hi, I'm going to be in Japan for holiday (long planned), and want to catch the Hanshin Tigers in Osaka. I believe they are playing between April 10th and 15th, and I will be there then. Any advice on how I get two tickets would be fantastic. I don't want to miss the experience. I have been to concerts before in Japan a few years ago and it was extremely hard to get tickets (I had to meet a girl in Tokyo to get them).

Thanks again in advance!

Cheers
Chris from Australia
Comments
Re: Tickets for Tourists?
[ Author: Christopher | Posted: Jan 21, 2007 8:27 PM | HAN Fan ]

Across the road from the front entrance of Takashimaya in Osaka is a ticket seller. They will certainly sell you the tickets you desire (but you will pay more than the face price).
[ Author: Deanna | Posted: Jan 22, 2007 8:48 AM | NIP Fan ]

Go to a weeknight game if possible. I think they're less likely to sell out. But even so, you should be able to get something a few days in advance, depending on when you arrive there.

If it was me, this is what I'd try:
  1. Go to the Playguide stand under the Hanshin department store (ask department store employees for directions to get there). See if they have tickets. I think they sell them there 1-2 days in advance of a game.
  2. Go to the ticket resellers around the Osaka station, see what they have.
  3. Go to Koshien itself. It's not that long a ride from Osaka station. If you can't get a ticket for that day, ask them about tickets for other days.
I think one way or another, with such a wide variety of days you think you can attend a game, you should be able to work something out. Alternately, you could go see the Buffaloes play the Hawks at the Osaka Dome that weekend. Those games won't sell out.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Jan 26, 2007 5:24 AM ]

Cool, thank you for the information! I would much rather see Hanshin play, but if worst comes to worst, ....
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.