Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Info on Injuries

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Info on Injuries
Does anyone have any info on Akinori Iwamura? I know he hurt his wrist in the first game of the season but I'd like to know how his rehab is progressing, when he'll be back, etc.

Also, both Toshihiro Takanashi and Kazuhiro Wada have been out of their respective line-ups recently. Any idea why?
Comments
Iwamura's Status
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: May 23, 2003 10:48 PM | YBS Fan ]

This week's Shukan Baseball has an injury report for the big players of all the teams. Nikkan Sports often has a list of Giants who are out, but no other teams. So, better late than never.

Iwamura is expected to be out until the middle of June at the earliest.
Re: Iwamura's Status
[ Author: 1908 | Posted: May 28, 2003 5:45 AM | HT Fan ]

Iwamura is expected to be out until the middle of June at the earliest.

Thanks for the update.
Fujimoto and Arias out of the Line-up?
[ Author: Guest: Mike | Posted: May 28, 2003 3:19 PM ]

Why didn't Fujimoto and Arias play last night?
Re: Fujimoto and Arias out of the Line-up?
[ Author: Guest | Posted: May 29, 2003 10:25 AM ]

I think Fujimoto has been taken off the roster after suffering an injury (don't know what kind).
[ Author: Guest: shishimaru | Posted: May 30, 2003 10:03 PM ]

Fujimoto injured his left knee while Arias sat out with a cold.
[ Author: torakichi | Posted: May 30, 2003 12:16 PM | HT Fan ]

Correct. Fujimoto sprained his knee. Arias had a fever, but was back in the starting order last night; got a good hit to left field, and showed some nifty base-running, too (from 1st, he ran most of the way to 2nd, ran all the way back when the ball was caught in the outfield, and then ran all the way back to 2nd again when the return throw went astray).

[westbaystars: The announcer would have called that a "bonehead" play had the throw not gotten away as he'd have been out by two steps.]
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.