Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Names of the Managers & GM's of Japanese Baseball

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Names of the Managers & GM's of Japanese Baseball
I'm started to get interested in Japanese baseball, because I have a trip coming up in June, and I know the managers and GM's get a lot of attention during the games. I was wondering if anybody could give me a list of the managers and GM's for each team?

It would be greatly appreciated...

--Martin (martlouisw at aol dot com)
Comments
Re: Names of the Managers & GM's of Japanese Baseball
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: May 1, 2003 9:07 AM | YBS Fan ]

Click on the "Team" button above, then the "Players" link from there. The field manager is the first one listed on each page.

The only change that has occurred is that Leon Lee is now the Orix BlueWave manager as Ishige got the ax after the worst Orix finish last season and 20 games this season. (I'll try to get him entered tonight. I keep forgetting and get distracted with other things.)

There are currently no general managers in Japanese baseball. The front office and/or owners share those responsiblities with the field manager.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.