Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

S. Korea vs Japan (Part 2)

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
S. Korea vs Japan (Part 2)
Although I wasn't too happy with the results; you have to admire both clubs for the Pitching and Defense performance they put out in this game.

Korea beat Japan 1-0 in what I thought was a valiant come back; Japan had squashed the Korean team 14-2 just 2 days ago.

But I really enjoyed both teams making great plays to make this game a pitchers duel (I love these kinds of games, because all players have to play to the top of their ability).

It was a single that did the damage; and to show that baseball is a game of inches, that single was barely out of Mutata's reach. But Aoki got an assist on the runner, whom tried to take third.

My only complaint (if you can call it that) is: why did Hara-kantoku decide to bunt Nakajima to advance the runner in the bottom of the 8th with one out? Why not try for the steal (especially when Ichiro is the base runner)? This way you give 2 good hitters (Nakajima and Aoki) a chance to knock in that run.

The way it looks like now Japan would face Cuba; although the way the Australian team is swinging their bats it probably would be best. Australia clobbered Mexico (who has good pitching) 17-7, while Cuba dominated a team "in diapers" (as they should), South Africa, 8-1.

I think the Aussies are the "sleepers" in the WBC; they look like they are on a mission.

That is a game I am looking forward to; Australia vs. Cuba - it will be an entertaining game to say the least.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.