Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Daijiro Ohishi as Manager of the Year

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Daijiro Ohishi as Manager of the Year
I think Daijiro Ohishi (Orix) should be given consideration for Manager of the Year. Since taking over he is 45-32 and is 4 games behind Seibu. Orix's front office has been incompetent, but under Ohishi they have been very good on the field.
Comments
Re: Daijiro Ohishi as Manager of the Year
[ Author: lets_go_buffs | Posted: Sep 13, 2008 8:09 PM ]

I totally agree with you! All consideration of Kiyohara for manager next year should be thrown out the window! Ohishi is for real!
[ Author: PLNara | Posted: Sep 14, 2008 7:51 AM | HT Fan ]

Ohishi has already been re-signed for next year. And he would definitely get my vote for Manager of Year, over Seibu's Watanabe.
[ Author: Guest: guest | Posted: Sep 14, 2008 9:15 AM ]

I had really felt sorry for Collins and didn't place much blame on him, but Ohishi has really turned the team around. The front office is still incompetent, but we might start hearing more about Ohishi Magic. It's good that he is already re-signed for next year, as the thought of Kiyohara as a manager seemed like little more than a desperate publicity stunt.
[ Author: Christopher | Posted: Sep 14, 2008 5:46 PM | HAN Fan ]

This is very good - it might even provide some competition for fans affections with the Tigers. Buffaloes need to build on this and dump Kiyohara except as a brand marker.
[ Author: lets_go_buffs | Posted: Sep 15, 2008 3:47 AM ]

Yeah, I love it! I live in Osaka city and everyone is a Tigers fan. They all say the same thing, "well, the Tigers are good and the Buffaloes are bad." The Buffaloes play the majority of their games in downtown Osaka city, thus they are the true Osaka team. The beloved Tigers don't even play in Osaka-fu! Amagasaki isn't Osaka!
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.