Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Brian Sikorski

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Brian Sikorski
I'm in Independent baseball in the U.S. and ask all the Japanese players if they know of Brian Sikorski. Most say "No." Then I ask them about his patented circular arm swinging and they respond "Oh yeah, Sikorski." I catch Brian during the winters and he's a great person, let alone a fan favorite. He truly enjoys playing the game for the fans and won't blow anybody off looking for autographs, pictures, and general gossip with him.

If there is any news on him, please post so we all know and for those who might want to know him better.
Comments
Re: Brian Sikorski
[ Author: Dan Miceli | Posted: Jul 23, 2008 10:53 PM ]

Tom,

Here is the link to Brian Sikorski's player page on the Nippon Professional Baseball site.
[ Author: Guest: Tom Waelchli | Posted: Jul 24, 2008 2:03 PM ]

Hey, thanks Dan. Brian's talked about you a lot when we work out in the winter. What are you doing now? Still playing? Where?

I talked with Gabe Kapler at spring training in 2007 and he indicated he wanted to start coaching, then, whala, back in the bigs.

Have you talked with Sik recently? I talked with him in early June, I think he called me from the bar, a little whacked. Brian has a high opinion of you, and he should, you're like a mentor to him. I really like his enthusiasm for the game and being there, kind of different from here.

I'll report back occasionally to keep up with him. Thanks for the heads up.

Wakes
[ Author: Guest: Rob | Posted: Aug 7, 2008 4:14 AM ]

Tom,

I don't think you are actually speaking with Dan Miceli. Dan had a rough time of it a few years ago in Japanese baseball and I think the selection of name by that poster is meant to be ironic.
[ Author: Guest: Tom Waelchli | Posted: Aug 7, 2008 2:40 PM ]

Thanks for the reply. I was assuming it was Dan.

I'm a good friend of Brian's and I'm looking to keep up with him. I saw he pitched in four or five straight games, brought his ERA down, and now I don't see him throwing in any games since. What happened to him? Thanks.
[ Author: Jbroks86 | Posted: Aug 8, 2008 12:45 PM | SFT Fan ]

Looking at his player page it shows he was "dropped for re-adjustment," which can mean a lot of things. See this topic for more on what "readjustment" is.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.