Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Second Half Predictions?

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Second Half Predictions?
Inter-league play is finished and we can now look forward to the second half of the season and more match-ups between division contenders. So, any predictions for the final A-class standings in each league? Will the Tigers continue to roll or will the Olympics and the "road of death" take their toll? Will the Fighters or Hawks catch the slumping Lions? What do you think?
Comments
Re: Second Half Predictions?
[ Author: number9 | Posted: Jun 30, 2008 5:04 PM ]

The Eagles will rise to grab one of the playoff spots (away from the Hawks, I reckon).

The Olympics this year is a really interesting wrench in the pennant race, could mess things up in the CL, too, with possibly Hiroshima making a run until late.
[ Author: Guest: gotigersredsox | Posted: Jun 30, 2008 10:09 PM ]

I would love to see the Eagles make it, so I was disappointed that the Hawks played so well during inter-league and took over 3rd place.

Although I'm not a big fan of Oh, it would be nice for his team to do well in his last year. Then again, now he has been waffling on that matter, so go Eagles!
[ Author: Guest: Number 26 | Posted: Jul 1, 2008 6:08 PM ]

Hiroshima is looking quite good. Hope they get the last spot in CL.

In PL it is quite open still. I hope for a miracle by Lotte.
[ Author: Guest: gotigersredsox | Posted: Jul 1, 2008 8:43 PM ]

Yeah, it's been great to see Hiroshima stay so competitive, especially after losing their two biggest stars in the off-season. Still, I doubt they can stick around for long.

If the Giants get healthy, I think they'll make a run. And I don't see the Tigers are Dragons dropping too far off.
[ Author: lonitary | Posted: Jul 3, 2008 12:37 PM | HIR Fan ]

I hope so, too. I want to see Hiroshima grab the last spot.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.