Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Roberto Petagine

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Roberto Petagine
I am a Boston Red Sox fan over here in the States and was wondering what anyone could tell me about Roberto Petagine. He had a home run tonight and has been a good addition for the Red Sox (.289 avg., 1 HR, 8 RBI.) Also Gabe Kapler is back over here and having a great return. .367 avg., 1 HR, 4 RBI.
Comments
Re: Roberto Petagine
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Aug 14, 2005 9:45 AM ]

Petagine hit .317 with 223 HRs and 594 RBI with the Yakult Swallows and Yomiuri Giants from 1999 to 2004. [Player Profile]

Petagine left because he or his wife (can't remember exactly) angered Yomiuri management.

Kapler struggled in Japan batting .153 with 3 HRs and 6 RBI.
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Aug 14, 2005 2:11 PM | CLM Fan ]

I'm happy to see Petagine doing well in the majors, but I wish he wasn't beating my White Sox.
[ Author: alappin | Posted: Aug 15, 2005 10:41 PM | SL Fan ]

As a Red Sox fan, I can't tell you how good it feels to finally have a first baseman who can hit a homerun. Kevin Millar (Cowboy Pop-up) just isn't getting it done. Go Peta!
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.