Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Pro Yakyu Live! Pacific Lague Opening Day

Discussion in the NPB News forum
Pro Yakyu Live! Pacific Lague Opening Day
We're just over 12 hours away from opening day for the Pacific League 2006 season. With the WBC distraction, it's crept up unusually fast this year.

To start off the new season, I'll be hosting the first Pro Yakyu Live! game broadcast Saturday afternoon (JST) at around 1:00 [World Clock]. Click the "Live" link at the top of the page near game time.

The game will be the Hokkaido Nippon Ham Fighters hosting the Tohoku Rakuten Golden Eagles, the two northern most teams meeting at Sapporo Dome.

The Skype line will be open during the game if you wish to call in. My handle is "proyakyulive" (without the quotes).

Hope you can tune in live!
Comments
Re: Pro Yakyu Live! Pacific Lague Opening Day
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Mar 25, 2006 12:59 PM | YBS Fan ]

Michel Eng-san has come through with a Game Day Packet [PDF file] for this afternoon's game, starting in minutes.

Thank you, as always, for prividing this on such short notice.
[ Author: Krishna | Posted: Mar 25, 2006 1:11 PM ]

Did the Lions stop broadcasting their home games? They redid their site and I can't find a link.
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Mar 25, 2006 4:55 PM | YBS Fan ]

I'd like to thank the few of you who were able to tune into the opening day broadcast game live bewtween the Hokkaido Nippon Ham Fighters and Tohoku Rakuten Golden Eagles for the "Battle of the North" on such short notice.

I've broken the broadcast up into two MP3 files, innings 1-5 [27MB] and innings 6-9 [17MB].

Please feel free to share the audio files with friends and colleagues, post to peer to peer networks, or use them as teaching aids. All I ask is that you say where you got them.

The 2006 season is now underway. Look for to the Central League opening next week.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.