Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Yokohama Releases Three Foreigners

Discussion in the NPB News forum
Yokohama Releases Three Foreigners
The Yokohama BayStars have announced they've released three foreigners players that were on the 2005 roster. Pitchers Cedrick Bowers and Mike Holtz, and infielder Kevin Witt all will not have their contracts renewed with Yokohama. [Original article from Nikkan Sports (in Japanese)]
Comments
Re: Yokohama Releases Three Foreigners
[ Author: Guest: kevin | Posted: Nov 17, 2005 1:29 PM ]

I wonder why Yokohama made the mistake of releasing Bowers and Holtz. If any other teams are interested, can they begin talks now?

Thanks.
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Nov 18, 2005 4:05 AM ]

Holtz was only average, and wasn't worth re-signing. Though Bowers is a engima to me as to why the BayStars didn't re-sign him. Maybe it was a contract dispute or had to do with salary?

- If any other teams are interested, can they begin talks now?

To my best knowledge, yes.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Nov 18, 2005 8:30 AM ]

I would think that Cedrick would catch on with someone else. As for Holtz, I'm not sure. I would like to see someone give Witt a chance to play. I'm sure he would have put up better home run and RBI numbers than Saeki did. What is the deal with Kroon?
[ Author: Christopher | Posted: Nov 18, 2005 3:09 PM | HAN Fan ]

Kroon wants a three year contract. So far the BayStars are only prepared to offer a two year contract with an option of a third year. This, they say, is their final offer - Kroon has not given any indication of whether he will accept the offer.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.