Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Interpreting jobs

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Interpreting jobs
I know that this should go in the "Ask the Commish" section, but I wasn't able to post there so I apologize for bringing this topic up here. I was wondering if anyone out there knows how one would go about getting a job as an interpreter for one of the 12 baseball teams here in Japan. I have a feeling that most interpreters got their job through connections, but if anyone knows how to get one of those jobs, please let me know because I'd love to know. Thank you.
Comments
Re: Interpreting jobs
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Oct 2, 2001 8:10 PM | YBS Fan ]

> I know that this should go in the "Ask the Commish"
> section, but I wasn't able to post there [...]

My fault. I'll look into the problem. In the mean time, I've moved it there.

It's my understanding that the jobs are most often gained from working at the parent company. There was a story recently about the Hiroshima Carp interpreter who gained his job after an internship. Let's see if I can find it. [...]

Ah, here it is. (Many thanks to Aladdinsane-san for posting the URL to the Pro Yakyu mailing list.)

To check for openings, I suppose you could phone, fax, and/or send a resume to the various teams.

Gambare!
Re: Interpreting jobs
[ Author: kenny | Posted: Oct 3, 2001 1:45 PM ]

Thank you very much for the sincere reply. I will contact the teams and see what happens. If I land one of the interpreting jobs, I will let you know. I appreciate the support. Thanks again.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.