Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Pro Yakyu Live! July 11 - HIR vs HAN

Discussion in the NPB News forum
Pro Yakyu Live! July 11 - HIR vs HAN
I had sent this out to the mailing list, but forgot to post here. I'll be covering the Hiroshima vs. Hanshin game in just a little under an hour from now, 6:00 p.m. JST [World Clock for time in your area].

I'll make doubly sure to have the game archiving for those of you who can't tune in live.
Comments
Re: Pro Yakyu Live! July 11 - HIR vs HAN
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Jul 11, 2008 10:33 PM | YBS Fan ]

The game took a little more than 4 and a quarter hours, but we finished in 11 innings. Overall, a very exciting game (except maybe when Fujikawa pitched - listen in for my take).

The game can be found here [89MB MP3]. As always, feel free to copy and redistribute as you like.

I had been asked before how to download the file instead of start listening to it when one clicks on it. It depends on your browser, but most should allow you to right click ([Ctrl]+[click] on Macs) and select "Save As..." to download the file. You can then copy the file to your MP3 player in which ever way your MP3 player prefers. There is no DRM (evil Digital Rights Management) to prevent you from using the broadcast in any way you wish. (If you have a creative use for the broadcasts, like using them in your English classes, I'd be interested to hear about it.)

Hope you enjoyed this week's Pro Yakyu Live!
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Jul 11, 2008 11:31 PM ]

I caught the last five innings and was laughing my *bleep* off when you started to use your game narration to describe Fujikawa's pitching approach. GOOD STUFF!

Overall a very good game, too. I was hoping Hiroshima would pull this one off.

I was really upset when the Giants beat my beloved BayStars. I don't really like the Giants; especially when they picked up Marc Kroon and Rami. They remind me of the Yankees and I really dislike that team.

Anyhow, great bradcast Westbay-san.
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Jul 11, 2008 11:50 PM | YBS Fan ]

Thanks. I was just wondering how the Hanshin fans would react to it. (I'll refrain from saying any more about it until they've had a chance to hear it. I wonder if they have the same sense of humor. )
[ Author: mijow | Posted: Jul 11, 2008 11:38 PM | HT Fan ]

I was there at Koshien - just behind home plate. Excellent game - and the renovations look superb, with nice comfy seats, a good variety of food and civilized facilities. If only there had been some way to quiet the guy with the foghorn voice right behind us...
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.