Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Uehara?

Discussion in the Rumor Mill forum
Uehara?
When I was living in Japan, Koji Uehara was a favorite pitcher of mine (though, for the record, I hate the Giants). I think he should be nearing FA, has there ever been any talk of him playing in the U.S.?
Comments
Re: Uehara?
[ Author: Jbroks86 | Posted: Oct 28, 2006 12:40 AM | SFT Fan ]

There's been talk of interest playing in the majors by Uehara, but as we know, Yomiuri has said over and over again they don't recognize the validity of the posting system, so Uehara will not leave for the majors until after free agency.
[ Author: Guest: John Dwyer | Posted: Oct 31, 2006 11:11 PM ]

Will he be eligible for FA after next season?
[ Author: Guest: WIn | Posted: Nov 4, 2006 9:10 AM ]

Hey guys I'm looking on different sites to try and find some players that I could get on my fantasy team that are coming to the MLB, do any of you have any names I could add?

So far I've got Matsuzaka in my farm from last year, Kuroda, Igawa, Iwamura, Kuwata.

Any others?
[ Author: TimMac | Posted: Nov 4, 2006 11:38 PM ]

I guess the question is how deep are the bench's in your league and how long are you prepared to wait? Looking into the future a bit, maybe you could also possibly add Uehara, Saitoh, Ishii (assuming his shoulder is OK), and Fukudome. At this stage all are very much gambles, but at the same time, so was Daisuke at this time last year.
[ Author: Deanna | Posted: Nov 7, 2006 2:54 AM | NIP Fan ]

Uhhh. Kuwata? What? Are you talking about Masumi Kuwata, who'll be like 39 next year and hasn't been a decent pitcher since like, 2002 at best?

Hiroki Kuroda just re-signed with the Carp, anyway.

(You know, I love fantasy baseball, but I can't believe people are doing this.)
[ Author: Jbroks86 | Posted: Nov 8, 2006 5:59 AM | SFT Fan ]

Neither can I, but some would wonder why someone would draft Kuwata for their farm. Kuwata hasn't had a good year in ages, since 2002 to be exact, and had two off years before that. Some just don't do enough research.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.