Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Japanese

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Japanese
Greetings!
I am looking for BOTH single season stats AND Career Stats for the following Japanese Leagues:
Japan Central League (1950-2020, 71 seasons)
Japan Pacific League (1950-2020 71 seasons)
Japanese Baseball League (1939-1949, 11 seasons)
Japanese Baseball League (Fall) (1936-1938, 3 seasons)
Japanese Baseball League (Spring) (1936-1938, 3 seasons)

I'm looking for My SQL type databases (in the Lahman style)
I see that the Pro Yakyu Database was last updated in 2005. Is there an update to it?
Comments
Re: Japanese
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Mar 4, 2021 5:06 PM | YBS Fan ]

Sorry about the late reply.

The only person I know of who had the full historical data entered was Gary Garland at JapanBaseballDaily.com [Internet Archive of site which is no longer maintained]. The Data Warehouse is not necessarily in the format you want, but he may have had something on the back end generating it. I recommend going though there and seeing if he left contact information and seeing if it's still valid. It's been quite a while.

Garland-san's Data Warehouse appears to be based on the official Pro Yakyu Encyclopedia 2004 (only available in paper form). You should be able to get the data since 2004 to the present from the official NPB site in English.

Hope this helps.

Take care.
Re: Japanese and signature question
[ Author: Guest: Chris Cousins | Posted: Aug 11, 2021 7:47 AM ]

I realize that this is an old thread, but I just need to add this.

I can't seem to find an email address to register, so I thought I'd ask here. I have an autographed baseball I got when I was a kid at an Orix Blue Waves game, and I would really like to find out which player signed it. This was back in the 90's when Ichiro was on the team, and I was wondering if there is any online location for signatures of prior players.

Thanks in advance!
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.