It's time again for my semi-annual NPB uniform roundup. This year, I've decided to break things up into two posts, so look out for another one later in the season, after more alternative unis are introduced.
- Orix has been wearing these throwback Hankyu Braves uniforms off and on. The most retro-looking guy is probably Mike Hessman.
- I hope to one day see Orix revive the old Kintetsu Buffaloes uniform and logo. I figure if they can advertise one Osaka-area railway (Hankyu) they can do the same for another (Kintetsu).
- Rakuten has only been around for seven seasons, so they don't exactly have throwback uniforms... but that isn't stopping them from running out these 1980′s Houston Astros knock-offs.
- I don't know if I'll ever get used to Nippon Ham's gold road uniforms. One thing that's kind of cool about the new Fighters uniform is the tag on the inside of the collar, which has four stars representing the Japan Series title and three Pacific League titles that Nippon Ham has won in recent years.
- Hanshin has a spotty record when it comes to alternative uniforms, but this year they're going with these classic Osaka Tigers threads.
- This one isn't an NPB uniform, but former Yomiuri and Yokohama closer Marc Kroon suited up in this Homestead Grays throwback for a 3A game a few weeks ago.
- Here's last year's uniform post. And 2009′s. Results may vary with the links on those pages.