NPB Bullet Points: Darvish K's 1000, Iwakuma Throws 147, Kanemoto Still Runs
by Patrick Newman (Apr 26, 2011)
News and notes from around NPB. Japanese links only tonight.
- Yu Darvish recorded his 1000th career strikeout
on the 26th, picking up the win over Softbank. Darvish reached the
milestone in 1058.2 innings pitched, the seventh fastest pace in NPB
- Darvish didn't have the top game of the night though, as Hisashi Iwakuma struck out 13 Seibu Lions, going the distance for a 147 pitch shutout.
- Veteran Hanshin slugger Tomoaki Kanemoto became the
oldest player to steal a base in NPB history, when he swiped second in
the eight in against Hiroshima on the 27. "Aniki" is 43 years and 23
- Yokohama is bringing back lefty Stephen Randolph. Randolph worked out for the BayStars following the placement of Brent Leach on the restricted list.\
- Daily Sports reports that Brian Bannister has informed the Yomiuri Giants that he has no plans to pitch in the US or Japan this season.
- Television ratings for Yuki Saito's pro debut on the 17th peaked at 29.4% of Hokkaido homes, the highest ever for a regular season Nippon Ham Fighters game.
- Now on sale at the Lotteria in Chiba's QVC Marine Field: Saburo Burgers.