- Amid rumors of his retirement, Hanshin has released infielder Makoto Imaoka. Reportedly no other teams are interested in picking him up. Imaoka was a big time contributor to Hanshin's Central League championships in 2003 and 2005, so if this is really the end of the road for him it's a shame for him to go out this way.
- Jeff Williams has headed back to the States for arm surgery, but wants to return to Hanshin for next season: "the decision was made about a week ago. Of course I want to avoid surgery and it's not something I want to do, but I think surgery is the direction we're going in. My goal is take the mound in a Tigers uniform again next season." Despite Williams' productive seven-season run with the Tigers, rumors persist that the team will not exercise their option on his services for next season.
- Sho Nakata set a ni-gun record by hitting his 28th homer of the year for Nippon Ham's farm team.
- Bobby Valentine's replacement in Chiba: Marines head coach Norifumi Nishimura.
- Honda won this year's Industrial League Intercity Championship. Hisayoshi Chono was the top batter.