Another MLB-centric post here. Several of Japan's recent baseball exports have already made their exhibition debuts for their MLB clubs. Here's a rundown:
- Koji Uehara started for the Orioles today, going scoreless two innings, and allowing a hit and a walk while striking out three.
- Kenshin Kawakami got the start for the Braves, and also went two scoreless, allowing a hit, and struck out one.
- Sanspo has pics of both Uehara and Kawakami.
- Junichi Tazawa pitched one inning against Boston College, getting three outs on four pitches, all fastballs. "I wanted to throw a breaking pitch," commented Tazawa.
- Ken Kadokura pitched an inning in relief in the Cubs Feb 25 game agains the Dodgers. "Looking back on today's debut game, I was just happy to be there," said Kadokura.
- Katsuhiko Maekawa hasn't appeared in a game yet as far as I know, but he's impressed so far in the Cardinals camp. According to Sanpo, the Cards have five spots open on their pitching staff and Maekawa is an option. I'll believe it when I see it.