Time to revive this series... Japanese articles only today
- Waseda University pitcher Yuki Saito, thought be the first top Japanese amateur player to jump straight to MLB before Junichi Tazawa beat him to the punch, says that he wants to go to the majors by age 30.
- Bidding has opened on Koji Mitsui, and wraps up on December 23rd. Mitsui's agent says there are multiple teams interested, but there's no indication of who that might be.
- Ken Kadokura, released by Yomiuri early in the month, is drawing interest from teams in Japan, Korea and America. Kadokura already has an offer to join the SK Wyverns in Korea.
- Greg LaRocca has agreed to return to Orix for another year, at a discounted price.
- Hayato Terahara is working on an original breaking pitch to aid his return to the rotation next year. It should break somewhat like a forkball and he's about 40% ready with it.
- Kyuji Fujikawa got himself a 120m yen ($1.2m) raise. He'll make 400m yen ($4m) in 2009.
- Alex Graman signed a 2-year, 300m yen ($3m) deal to stay with Seibu.