- Orix will work out former Phillies farmhand Mark Kelly. Kelly, an Australian, spent last year with Kochi of the independent Shikoku Island League, going 8-7 with a 3.31 era.
- Former Yomiuri closer Junichi Kawahara passed a try out with Chunichi and will join the Dragons. Kawahara was once an effective pitcher, but has been injured for the last three years.
- Nippon Ham has put Hanshin infielder Makoto Imaoka on it's list of acquisition targets. Imaoka was one of my favorite Hanshin players from when I lived in the Kansai area from 2000-2003, but has been hampered by injuries the last few years.
- Rakuten will send manager Katsuya Nomura to the MLB Winter Meetings in search of import players to add to the team's 2009 roster. Nomura is reportedly interested in Padres reliever Brian Falkenborg.
- NPB Tracker made it on to WashingtonPost.com.
- Tyrone Woods is leaving the Dragons, who are no longer interested in paying his salary despite another good season.
- Fangraphs considers some of the Japanese position players that have come to MLB in recent years to be bargains.
- Tsubamegun has a better write-up on Game 3 of the Japan Series than I will have time for.