Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

PawaPoke 11 Preview Impressions

Discussion in the Video Games forum
PawaPoke 11 Preview Impressions
I just got a chance to watch the PawaPoke 11 Preview video today on the game's official website. I haven't had much time to play games as of late, much less brush up on my Japanese. I'm gonna try to apply what I can, and I'm relying on the community for some help here. We need to fill the void and give BigManZam some support.

-Looks like a new batting system has been implemented. It's a vertical box instead of the horizontal box or bat silhouette we're used to seeing, but you can go back to the old style, because I did see the bat silhouette. Not sure what this means.

-Wi-Fi Taisen are back! Looks like it might be the same as last year, where you can choose a 3-inning or 9-inning game. If I'm not mistaken, the video might have said 3 modes of play, but I'm not certain. There is also single-card download play.

-As per usual, new Success Mode. Maybe it's about moving up from the Industrial leagues?

-There's an interesting mode that looks suspiciously like an RPG. Also, there are mini-games galore. We've got a shoot-'em-up, a puzzle game, a roulette-style game, and even...soccer?!

Hmm...not a lot that looks horribly new aside from the Success Mode and the mini-games. Then again, I heard PawaPoke 10 was good, so so why mess with what works? The PawaPoke games have also been better than the console versions the last few years. This should hold us over until Pro Yakyu Spirits 6 in the spring.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.