Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Who's Coming Over In 2010

Discussion in the Rumor Mill forum
Who's Coming Over In 2010
Anybody got any thoughts on who's coming over in 2010?

Players who are free agents? Postings? Shockers? Darvish? Aoki?
Comments
Re: Who's Coming Over In 2010
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Mar 26, 2009 1:39 PM ]

Bump for some help....
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Mar 26, 2009 5:23 PM | YBS Fan ]

I'm afraid that most of us here are fans of the game as played in Japan. So we're getting set to watch an exciting 2009 season. Thinking about who may be leaving after the season isn't really something to be contemplated by Pro Yakyu fans before the 2009 season even starts. Therefore, you may or may not get takers on the first four of your questions, but I rather doubt it.

As for the last two questions:
  • It's looking very much like Darvish may never be going over to the Majors. MLB is not the final goal of all of the best players.
  • Aoki still has a number of years before it'll even be considered.
If it seems like I have little enthusiasm for this question, it's because it's been asked and answered so often. Please read some of the past threads in this section. Little has changed since they were asked last time.

My question to you is, why wait to cheer these players on until they get to the Majors? Why not start tracking NPB yourself? See the players, get to know them and their teams. If MLB has no potential value until 2010, then join in on the fun in NPB for 2009.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Mar 26, 2009 6:43 PM ]

The closest I'll come to answering the question is in this article [Baseball Guru].

I've given you the link which starts right with guys who aren't coming in 2009. I won't tell you who's coming in 2010 because so much can happen, including but not limited to: contract signings, decisions to use the posting system, injuries, and even good or bad seasons of play.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.