Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

The Road to 2,000 Hits

Discussion in the Links forum
The Road to 2,000 Hits
The following was posted by "Mike Todd" (as Guest) to a no longer existing thread:

"Akichan's Home Page," in Japanese, is a great stats source. [Link]

It contains lifetime leaders in virtually all hitting categories, both regular season and Japan Series, and All-Star games, too, if I remember correctly. During the season, there is a file of milestones reached and daily accomplishments. Also a list of active players with a shot (in Akichan's opinion) to reach 2,000 hits. It also has a file of base hit leaders for the season, showing games played and hits. Plus much more.

If you do not read kanji, place the cursor on the file link and look at the status bar at bottom of your browser window - the file IDs are in Roman letters and are easy to figure out. If you print out the career leaders' listings in Japanese, you can identify the player by his numbers, and write the name in Roman letters. This has helped me to slowly learn kanji.

Good luck!
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.