Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Bobby Valentine's Blog

Discussion in the Links forum
Bobby Valentine's Blog
In case anyone is interested knowing - Bobby Valentine now has a blog [BobbysWay.jp]. He's got some opinions on the WBC (including the Bob Davidson umpiring issue) as well as updates to how his team is coming along.

What's nice baout the site is that it's available both in Nihongo and English.
Comments
Re: Bobby Valentine
[ Author: Deanna | Posted: Mar 21, 2006 4:47 PM | NIP Fan ]

Bobby Valentine's blog is actually pretty entertaining; I've been reading it every day to see what he has to say. There's a lot of really insightful stuff there; he's talked about the differences between American and Japanese baseball, about the differences between the current and the past generations in Japan; told interesting stories about himself and his past as well as about the team as they went through spring training, and there's a ton of pictures of random people and places that he and the team travel to (including the silly Hawks-Marines commercials). Really a great read regardless of whether you're a Lotte fan, and a bonus if you are.

The fact that it's bilingual is also a huge bonus.

He's supposed to be running a few contests on there from time to time over the season (the last one involved winning a signed copy of his book), so that in itself may make it worthwhile for people to read.
Re: Bobby Valentine
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Mar 22, 2006 3:11 AM ]

I just got done reading a lot of the blogs and must say it is very interesting and insighting. I'm glad I stumbled onto the site from Japan Baseball Daily.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.