Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Former BayStar Saitoh Signs with Red Sox

Discussion in the Nichi-Bei forum
Former BayStar Saitoh Signs with Red Sox
38-year old reliever and former Yokohama BayStar Takashi Saitoh, after spending three years with the Los Angeles Dodgers, has agreed to a one year contract with the Boston Red Sox with a team option for 2010. In his career, Saitoh is 12-7 with 81 saves and a 1.95 ERA. He missed most of last season thanks to a sprained ligament in his right (throwing) elbow.

Saitoh has become the fourth Japanese member of the Red Sox in the past 3 years to sign, joining Daisuke Matsuzaka, Hideki Okajima, and most recently, Junichi Tazawa.
Comments
Re: Former BayStar Saitoh Signs with Red Sox
[ Author: gotigersredsox | Posted: Jan 11, 2009 10:41 PM ]

Wow, surprising move here. The Sox need a little more bullpen help. If Saitoh bounces back from surgery, he'll be a good addition. He was great with the Dodgers until the injury. Although I'm a Dodgers fan too, I'd love to see him bounce back with the Sox after the way the Dodgers gave up on him.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.