Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Phillies Sign Taguchi

Discussion in the Nichi-Bei forum
Phillies Sign Taguchi
The Philadelphia Phillies have signed outfielder So Taguchi [Baseball-Reference] to a one year deal worth $1 million. The deal includes an option for 2009.

Taguchi batted .290/.350/.368 with 3 HRs and 30 RBI in 130 games and 307 ABs with the Cardinals.

Source: MLB.com
Comments
Re: Phillies Sign Taguchi
[ Author: Guest: puddin head | Posted: Dec 30, 2007 4:20 PM ]

As a Phillies fan, I'm delighted to see Taguchi will be in Philadelphia. He can play all three outfield positions and he's shown he can hit Billy Wagner! Also, I'm eager to see Fukudome when the Cubs come to town. From everything I've been reading the last few years and seen on YouTube, the guy is a legit five-tool player. I wish I could have been in Nagoya to see him and Ochoa in the same outfield. I've been an Alex Ochoa fan since I saw him against the Reading Phillies in AA back in 1994.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.