Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

FAQ Suggestion

Discussion in the Administrative forum
FAQ Suggestion
I was looking over the FAQ while looking over the new website layout which I like and noticed this:
The version of the question that often isn't asked, but should be, is "How do I get to a game (and buy tickets there)?" Latham-san used to have an excellent set of instructions to get to the various stadiums. Unfortunately, he's left Japan and his entire site no longer exists. Portions of his site still remain on the Wayback Machine (although not all images have survived). Even without the maps, the textual directions are very good and most likely all you will need. Ticket purchasing is also explained.
While using Google to find Latham-san's old website, which I believe was the first website that mainly had to with the Swallows, has all the ballpark map images up. I thought this would help more people and the only thing you would have to mention is that Orix and Kintetsu merged, Rakuten came into the league, the Hawks were sold to Softbank, and Miyagi Stadium/Sapporo Dome weren't included on Latham's old site.
Comments
Re: FAQ Suggestion
[ Author: Jbroks86 | Posted: May 14, 2009 2:20 AM | SFT Fan ]

I also forgot to mention this falls under the "How do I get to a game?" part of the tickets section of the FAQ.

The second part I have to say, is I'm not trying to be controversial, the older Latham-san's Yakult Swallows website has all the pictures of the maps there and like I mentioned in my first post the only thing that would have to be mentioned is: Orix and Kintetsu merged, Rakuten came into the league, the Hawks were sold to Softbank, and Miyagi Stadium/Sapporo Dome weren't included on Latham's old site.

Any feedback out there?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: May 16, 2009 12:10 AM | YBS Fan ]

Excellent suggestions. I'll try to get to these this weekend.
[ Author: Guest: Alexander J Roxwell | Posted: May 27, 2009 9:59 AM ]

Please do, I am eager.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.