Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Off to Summer Camp

Discussion in the Administrative forum
Off to Summer Camp
I'm on the expressway heading to Yamanashi-ken with the local Seishonen (a youth leadership organization) for summer camp. So you may have noticed a lack of moderation and some posts going through multiple times. I'll clean up what I can as time permits (if I have access in the woods).

I'll try to catch some of Koshien on the radio while I'm there, but that's about all I'll be able to follow the next few days.

I look forward to catching up on everything Monday night, Tuesday afternoon.
Comments
Re: Off to Summer Camp
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Aug 4, 2008 11:13 PM | YBS Fan ]

Looks like things fell apart when I left for the mountains for a few days. Sorry about the error messages and repeated posts. I was very glad to see that the spammers didn't attack the site while I was away, and that everyone behaved as reasonable, civil people. I'm tempted to just leave moderation off, but there's that access violation error that some of you are getting. Perhaps once that's fixed.

I'd like to thank those of you who sent me the full stack trace (that's what all that technical mumbo jumbo about the error was). That will help me fix this once I have time.

How did the trip go? It was great! The kids that went on the trip were fantastic. Sure, some complained about not liking some of the food, but they were all very well behaved, the older kids helped the younger kids (even when the younger kids tortured them by riding on their backs), and they were helpful in preparing and cleaning up. The camaraderie between kids in their groups, all strangers going into camp, was something that I'd never seen going to camp growing up in California.

Nonetheless, back at JapaneseBaseball.com, order has been restored.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.