Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Go Back/Edit Function

Discussion in the Administrative forum
Go Back/Edit Function
I notice you're really pushing the "I realize this is an old thread..." thing. One small glitch, though: when previewing posts, if you hit the "Go back/edit" button, it takes you back to the "old thread" screen and, if you press "continue" you have to start the whole thread again rather than simply returning to the previous message form page.

You can get around it using the browser's return button, but that sort of defeats the purpose of the "go back/edit" button.

Just out of interest: at what point is the old thread function activated?
Comments
Re: Go Back/Edit Function
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Jun 16, 2008 11:13 AM | YBS Fan ]

Thank you for pointing out this problem. I believe that I have now solved it. If it comes up again, please let me know.

I think that it's two weeks for the cutoff for an "old" thread. Of course, the reason that some fans proposed making old threads clear was because there was a rash of posts concerning things that had happened over a year before that some people seemed to have thought happened recently. So increasing the time is really not problem.

Still, I think the reason I decided on two weeks was to try to promote the wrapping up of some of the more controversial Tigers threads that seemed to go on endlessly without anything new being added to the conversations.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.