Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Matsumoto (Swallows) Stats Anomalies

Discussion in the Administrative forum
Matsumoto (Swallows) Stats Anomalies
According to the stats, Yuichi Matsmoto played in 33 games for the Swallows in 2007. Yet when I look at the Swallows' 2007 roster on this website, he's not listed.

If I go to the player listings, it does list him and it does show he did play for the Swallows in 33 games in 2007. But his fielding stats shows he never played in the outfield in 2007, yet on October 9, 2007 he started in right field and made 2 putouts in that position.
Comments
Re: Matsumoto (Swallows) Stats Anomalies
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Apr 6, 2008 8:28 AM | YBS Fan ]

Thank you for bringing these issues up. I'm always happy to receive notes on data problems.

It may not be very clear, but Matsumoto's 2007 player page, it mentions under his name that he was registered as "Yuichi," not "Matsumoto." So going back to the Swallows' 2007 roster, you can find him in the outfield as #65 Yuichi. This is one of admittedly several usability problems this site is suffering from. If you don't know that he's registered under his first name, it does make it kind of hard to find him on the team roster.

Why he's not in the fielding stats for 2007, though, is a problem. I'm sure that there are more that I've missed. However, I've added Yuichi's outfield stats for 2007 from the "2008 Baseball Record Book" for now.

Thank you again for pointing this out. And please feel free to let me know if I've missed any others.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.