Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Video Games Delay?

Discussion in the Administrative forum
Video Games Delay?
I've been wondering this for the past few days, but is the Video Games forum being moderated now? When I post something, the forum says I posted a reply, but the reply doesn't show up for a while. I assume the posts are going through the same modding as all the other forums.

Just wondering, because the flow of conversation over there hasn't been very good. I thought it was doing just fine with no moderation. I usually delete any spam we get within a day or so, though it's a rare occurance.
Comments
Re: Video Games Delay?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Jun 14, 2006 7:46 AM | YBS Fan ]

No, they're not being moderated, but I made some background changes this past weekend to deal with being hit by a large number of crawlers trying to load the entire site in under 5 minutes. (The crawlers claim to be IE 6, but that may just be what the program's author uses as an engine.) The result was the same as a denial of service attack.

Without getting too technical, I save the conversations to disk if a file holding the thread doesn't exist, then read the file in after creating it or directly if it does exist. When I moderate an article, the moderation task deletes the file so that it may be recreated.

I forgot about non-moderated forums. My bad. I'll get on that right away.
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Jun 14, 2006 8:04 AM | YBS Fan ]

OK. This should be working now. Let me now if this happens again.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Jun 14, 2006 2:39 PM | CLM Fan ]

No problem. Thanks for the quick response. We're approaching 2,000 posts over there now!
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.