Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Where can I find broadcasts of Japanese Baseball in the U.S.?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Where can I find broadcasts of Japanese Baseball in the U.S.?
I have 2 c-band satellites and would like to watch Japanese Baseball but can't find the broadcasts anywhere. Does anybody know how and where I can find them???
Comments
Re: Where can I find broadcasts of Japanese Baseball in the U.S.?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Sep 29, 2001 12:37 PM | YBS Fan ]

I've heard (read) from some that NHK broadcasts in some regions of the U.S., as does Fuji TV (Sankei Group). My understanding, though, was that they were provided by cable outlets. Of course, it is sent to the cable stations via satalite, so something may be possible.

I think I had also heard of Perfect TV in the States planning on carrying some Japanese channels. But I never heared a confirmation of that.

Japanese CS channels are available throughout Asia as I've heard confirmation that they can be picked up in Hong Kong, Korea, and Taiwan. But I regret that I've never heard from anyone who's picked them up on the other side of the planet.

Wish I had better news for you.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Sep 29, 2001 2:03 PM ]

With so much MLB action on TV in the States, why would anyone want to waste time watching minor-leaguish Japanese baseball?
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Sep 29, 2001 3:40 PM ]

Well, if you live in Boston the minor-leaguish J-ball might be a step up.
[ Author: Dizzy30 | Posted: Sep 30, 2001 9:56 AM ]

Well I have seen stations on some cable networks that have Asian broadcasts and they devote time to Japanese stations and sometimes they show games. Can't help you other than that.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Sep 30, 2001 11:47 AM ]

Usually it's on between informercials for the Ronco Food Dehydrator and collectible stamps from Guam.
[ Author: EvilEuro | Posted: Oct 4, 2001 8:17 PM ]

Dish Network carries TV Japan. During the summer they were carrying about 3-5 games a week, albeit on a delayed basis. I checked their tv listings for the next week and they are not carrying any games at the present time.

Earlier in the year here in Los Angeles, we were getting live Giants home games on Friday and Saturday nites via the local international channel, KSCI. It was a live feed of the NTV programming. From watching the ads that came on during the game and from talking with the head of programming at KSCI and also at Asahi Homecast, I was informed that if you have a big dish you could catch all 70 Giants home games this year free of charge by pointing your dish at the right satellite. I can call and get that information for you if you really want it.

Other than that, I think we're all SOL.

EvilEuro
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.