Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Japan Update - Central

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Japan Update - Central
On 2010-06-13 My World of Baseball wrote:
The Yomiuri Giants are on top by four games. They have the best record in the NPB by just .001 over the Seibu Lions and a four game lead over the Hanshin Tigers. Their offense will always hit a lot of homeruns.

[Full Article: http://myworldofbaseball.com/wordpress/?p=2356]
Comments
Re: Japan Update - Central
[ Author: Brad BT | Posted: Jun 15, 2010 5:02 AM | SEI Fan ]

Of course Yomuri hits a lot of homers, the Tokyo Dome is a hitter frendly park. Heck, I could hit a home run there!
[ Author: lonitary | Posted: Jun 20, 2010 1:06 PM | HIR Fan ]

Do you know the reason why hitters could hit homeruns easily in Tokyo Dome, aside from its size of the ball park?
[ Author: number9 | Posted: Jun 20, 2010 3:34 PM ]

The distances down the lines and up centre are normal, but there are absolutely no depth in the power alleys (the playing field is perfectly diamond shaped, which is odd to say the least), so there are tons of homeruns hit in Tokyo Dome to left-centre and right-centre that would end up as outfield flyball outs in any other NPB stadium.

Funny thing is, back when the Dome opened in 1988, it became the most spacious stadium in the country, and hitters were complaining about not being able to hit as many homeruns.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.