Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Giants coach collapses on the field

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Giants coach collapses on the field
I didn't see a news article about this here yet.
Giants infield coach Takuya Kimura collapsed during pre-game practice at Mazda stadium in Hiroshima on Apr. 2.
Mainichi Daily News Article.

It's pretty shocking as he's still only 37. I wish him well, and there has been a lot of support from non-Giants fans as well over on the Japanese social networking site mixi. As far as I can tell from the latest news reports he's alive, but unconscious in the hosptial now.
Comments
Re: Giants coach collapses on the field
[ Author: gotigersredsox | Posted: Apr 7, 2010 9:39 AM ]

As you probably read, Kimura passed away yesterday. Really sad and untimely.
Re: Giants coach collapses on the field
[ Author: SteveNovosel | Posted: Apr 7, 2010 11:37 AM | LOT Fan ]

Horrible news. It's been a tragic year for the NPB family - the death of Nippon Ham's Kobayashi in January, Orix's Oze in February, and now young Kimura.

Very sad for his family and the Giants team.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.