Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Darvish to Start the the First Game of Round 2?

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Darvish to Start the the First Game of Round 2?
I see Darvish throwing the first game of Round 2 as a no brainer considering Japan will most likely play Cuba.
Comments
Re: Darvish to Start the the First Game of Round 2?
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Mar 11, 2009 5:49 PM ]

Hi.

Why did you think it's a no brainer? Who do you think would be better?

I was just simply curious, I don't mean to offend you.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Mar 11, 2009 6:23 PM ]

Darvish is the best pitcher.
[ Author: number9 | Posted: Mar 11, 2009 7:23 PM ]

The media seems to assume it'll be Matsuzaka against Cuba (assuming the Cubans win their group, but all bets are off at this point with this crazy WBC).
[ Author: Guest: N26 | Posted: Mar 11, 2009 7:54 PM ]

I'm not so worried about Japan's pitching. I'm more worried about Japan's hitting. I don't think there is much difference in who will start for Japan as all 3 starters so far have proven to be solid. Darvish, Iwakuma, and Matsuzaka are all excellent starters.

Japan might face the Cuban left handed pitcher who throws 164 kilometers, Chapman.

source.
Yahoo! Sports Japan
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Mar 11, 2009 9:12 PM ]

Whoa. 164 kilometers? That's not good because Japanese hitters had trouble catching up to the 92 MPH against one of the Korean pitchers.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.