Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

NPB Traveling

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
NPB Traveling
Do NPB teams travel by plane or bus? I am assuming by bus or maybe even by train. But just to be sure, does anyone know which is correct? I am dying to know. And if it is a stupid question, then I am sorry.
Comments
Re: NPB Traveling
[ Author: Kiyoshi | Posted: Feb 15, 2009 11:04 PM | HAN Fan ]

Train, bus, and plane - all three!!! Depending on distance and time required.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Feb 16, 2009 9:48 AM ]

Sometimes even by boat! I know the Carp take a boat to a couple country town locations.
[ Author: No.1BayFan | Posted: Feb 17, 2009 10:43 AM | YOK Fan ]

Hmmm, I've never heard of any team traveling by boat before. Do you have any sources that reference this? Usually, teams travel by Bullet Train (Shinkansen) or by plane, and of course they take a bus from the hotel to the stadium. But oddly enough, players often drive to the stadiums if they are playing a local team like if the Giants or Swallows play in Yokohama or if it's the other way around.
[ Author: Guest: Erik Schullstrom | Posted: Feb 19, 2009 8:47 AM ]

I played for the Carp, and we did travel by boat once or twice a year. Matsuyama for sure.
[ Author: Guest: Jeff James | Posted: Feb 19, 2009 11:55 AM ]

It is an honor to have you on this board Schullstrom-san, and why didn't they let you pitch more [Japan Baseball Daily]?
[ Author: Guest: Erik Schullstrom | Posted: Feb 20, 2009 2:33 AM ]

Thanks, I'm not sure about honor, but to answer your question, I could never stay healthy.
[ Author: Guest: N26 | Posted: Feb 19, 2009 11:38 PM ]

Some take JR, too, to baseball games. When I was a kid living in Yokohama and was on my way to Yokohama Stadium, I was approached by former Hanshin pitcher Nakata at Ishikawacho Station. For some reason I got off there and was going to walk from the station to the stadium. And Nakata, too, was thinking the same thing so he approached me and asked if I was going to the ball game. I didn't know who he was and he said he was a pitcher for Hanshin.

I also saw Cabrera once on the train after a Seibu vs. Nippon Ham game.

In the book. "You Gotta Have Wa," Reggie Smith always took the local train, not sure if it was JR or Tokyo Metro. But he apparently got into a fight at one of the train stations with some Hanshin fans.

Bobby V. usually rides his bike to the stadium. So add local train, subway/metro and bicycle on the list.

Kanto based CL teams (Giants, BayStars and Swallows) players usually drive their own car or take the local train when ever they are playing each other in their stadium, the same goes with Marines and Lions in the PL.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.