Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Game 2 - onto the second series

Discussion in the Tiger Tails forum
Game 2 - onto the second series
Well this one was really farcical. They didn't even bother to play the bottom of the 12th. Basically Tigers won the series by scoring one run in the first game and Carp scored no runs. I may be a Tigers fan but sorry - this is acceptable? No one scored at all in the second game and even after 12 innings from the Carp the score was 0-0. This means by virtue of their first game win Tigers go through to the second round. For the first time it may be noted. Wada had Oh pitch three innings - brilliant stuff to try and wear out your closer with a series against the Giants looming. I can't help feeling that the whole process is a marketing disaster.
Comments
Re: Game 2 - onto the second series
[ Author: gogo0 | Posted: Oct 12, 2014 7:58 PM | HAN Fan ]

definitely happy to proceed, but this isnt going to cut it vs yomiuri. if more of the same is whats in store, it'd be better to have allowed carp the honor of embarrassment in final stage. i hope someone has an epiphany before wednesday...
[ Author: Guest: T-Ray | Posted: Oct 12, 2014 10:59 PM ]

I'm not that worried about Oh pitching 3 innings. It was just 36 pitches -- he threw 32 in his debut, and that was just one inning! He also is guaranteed 2 full days of rest before he gets used again. He also threw in 5 straight games (7.1 innings if I'm not mistaken) to end the season, allowing just one hit. Before we call it a disaster move, let's see how this one plays out.
[ Author: Christopher | Posted: Oct 13, 2014 9:14 AM | HAN Fan ]

The last comment doesn't refer to the Tigers or the game as such but to the NPB's approach for finishing the series. One would think that with something as supposedly important as this series they could have arranged things better so that the fans got much more than a tie.
[ Author: Guest: T-Ray | Posted: Oct 13, 2014 10:39 AM ]

Gotcha. Yeah, there's nothing worse in sports than a tie... and in the playoffs, ties should not exist at all! There are brutally stupid ways of determining champions in other sports (World Cup PK comes to mind) but to advance on a tie, yeah, it has left a bad taste in the mouth of many fans.
[ Author: Guest: guest | Posted: Oct 13, 2014 1:16 PM ]

Even as a Tigers fan I don't like to see them advancing on a tie. Really trying to support the local game while I live here, but hard to take it seriously with these silly postseason rules. With the MLB playoffs particularly exciting this season, I might not have time to follow both.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.